Freeze dried crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

My beardie isn't eating crickets as much as he used to. Yesterday he only ate a few and today he has not had any interest. This behviro has been going on for a while - we started using roaches instead.

I thought that I could start using either fluker's frozen crickets (which are gut loaded) or start freezing the ones I currently have alive (which I have been gutloading myself.) What do you recommend? Or should I just space out his cricket feedings to once every other day (he's not a full year old yet) and stick to more veggies?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may just want some variety. I'd try offering the live crickets on a rotation with the roaches and maybe something like black soldier fly larvae. At his age he should still be offered bugs every day but perhaps he just wants some more options. They sometimes get bored with the same feeder all the time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Try adding some worms to his salad -- here are some websites for worms and insects
www.symtonbsf.com - order large as they are small and you need a glass bowl that these and the worms cant get out of
www.dubiaroaches.com - I get horn worms and butter worms from here they are out of butter worms now but if you order horn worms order small amounts as they grow really fast
www.https://reptilianarts.com/ I order silk worms from here and here
www.http://www.mulberryfarms.com/
You can also get wax worms and super worms from your pet stores feed sparingly w/ all the worms
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom