Feeding Tips Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al6911

This sort of goes along side my previous post, "Vegetarian beardie?" where I asked if 4-5 dubias is enough per week for my 1 year 5 month old boy. He looks at them, but doesn't seem to have much interest. I have offered phoenix worms, butter worms, and hornworms in the past. He only seemed to take interest in the hornworms, which is fine for a treat, but not for every day. I've tried different gut loading techniques, but he just isn't interested. I've also tried sprinkling on some bee pollen, and he hates it. I've tried to put him in a large- ish bin so he could chase the prey.. and yes, you guessed it, hes uninterested. He will eat his greens, and hes been fully out of brumation for a while now (he only brumated for about two weeks). I'm stumped!
I'm hesitant to offer crickets, they're loud and smelly and I'd rather not deal with them.
I'm no longer allowed to keep phoenix worms in the house because of the smell they produced basically immediately when I gut loaded them.
I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong. Please help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
yes I would say 4-5 per week is good- if he likes his vegies better that is good --- feed as many as you want w/ the vegies - here is a website for nutrition if you need it
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html-- add his worms like butter horn super and a few wax worms - mix them up -- at least hes eating some of the dubias -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom