Amount of Greens for a Juvie Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Figment is about 7-8 months old, 16.5" long. I don't have a current weight on him. I'm trying to get him to eat more salads, but how much should I be aiming for as a good daily amount? A quarter cup? Half a cup? A full cup? How big are dragon stomachs, anyway?

Tonight I offered most of a shredded turnip green leaf, hand feeding at first, then adding dubias to the bowl and setting it down, and he ate maybe a quarter of the leaf before losing interest and wandering off to bask.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Offer a bowl of salad - I mix collards and turnip greens together w/ squash on top cut up maybe a little apple now and then - I used a blueberry or two the other day neither dragon touched it - or I will add bee pollen and I dont think either one have eaten that either --- I have some really picky dragons- Blaze has never eaten all his salad that I give - but thats ok as long as hes eating some of it I dont care - he loves his horn worms super worms mostly - and loves those dubias --- doesnt care for wax worms too much and must be tired of the BSFL so I have not ordered any more of those -- Hiccup wont eat anything but horn worms and occasional butter worms - doesnt like super worms wax worms or meal worms-- so w/ that being said you can order worms for Figment it will give him a variety of things to eat -- do you have the nutrition website?
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ox9j126 said:
Offer a bowl of salad - I mix collards and turnip greens together w/ squash on top cut up maybe a little apple now and then - I used a blueberry or two the other day neither dragon touched it - or I will add bee pollen and I dont think either one have eaten that either --- I have some really picky dragons- Blaze has never eaten all his salad that I give - but thats ok as long as hes eating some of it I dont care - he loves his horn worms super worms mostly - and loves those dubias --- doesnt care for wax worms too much and must be tired of the BSFL so I have not ordered any more of those -- Hiccup wont eat anything but horn worms and occasional butter worms - doesnt like super worms wax worms or meal worms-- so w/ that being said you can order worms for Figment it will give him a variety of things to eat -- do you have the nutrition website?

Yes, I've got the nutrition site open permanently on my phone so I can check things out while I'm in the supermarket. I've ordered various worms; BSFL I save for weekend feeders when I'm away, but I have done both horn and butter worms (the latter grossed me out - they were all tangled in silky stuff and their substrate). Right now the dubias are working okay for luring him in, but he still won't eat all his salad no matter what I try. Sigh!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He's still young it's good he's eating the salad-- he's on the right track- remember his diet is still 80% protein-- so as long as he's eating some be happy- try some super worms usually Petco and PetSmart carry them along w/ wax worms
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom