Which greens should I mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimKH

I have my bearded dragon for almost a month now, and I've been choosing which veggies should I mix for my baby bearded dragon (6-6.5 inch). He does enjoy collards but not everytime. I've never seen it(gender not determined) eat his butternut squash before. Should I mix collards, butternut squash, yellow squash and carrots? I've heard that squash makes their stool wattery. Do I mix both of the squash together?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Squash does not make their stool watery -- I feed mine squash yellow and zucchini --- what causes watery stools is too much vegies w/ high water content like cucumbers lettuce which should not be fed - too many peppers like red and green - watermelon which should not be fed as well -- and yes I mix my greens mainly collards and turnip greens --- I dont buy mustard too often cuz it goes bad so fast -- collards and turnip greens seems to last the longest for me - kale I give once in a while - green beans are good - bok choy dont buy very often it is expensive here -- fresh cilantro -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html------- look at that over and get some ideas from that list
Karrie

LimKH

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2xuv1z2a said:
Squash does not make their stool watery -- I feed mine squash yellow and zucchini --- what causes watery stools is too much vegies w/ high water content like cucumbers lettuce which should not be fed - too many peppers like red and green - watermelon which should not be fed as well -- and yes I mix my greens mainly collards and turnip greens --- I dont buy mustard too often cuz it goes bad so fast -- collards and turnip greens seems to last the longest for me - kale I give once in a while - green beans are good - bok choy dont buy very often it is expensive here -- fresh cilantro -- here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html------- look at that over and get some ideas from that list
Karrie

Thx for the info and I am using that website for nutrients as well XD. How many greens should I mix In one salad? Or is there a limit on how many greens you must mix?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No limit --- just make a nice salad for him -- I roll the leaves up like a cigar together cut them up put them in the bowl add the squash on top along w/ a little fruit like apple not every day tho maybe once a week - I use sweet potato cilantro leaves they are fresh sweet potato is shredded raw -- feed as much as salad as he will eat ---
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good advice so far. :) Be sure to put kale on the list of staple greens, it's one of the best but that old nutrition list marks it as an occasional . Mustard, collard, turnip, dandelion, and if you have green leaf clover in your yard in season, rinse it in vinegar water , then rinse in plain water again and you can add that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom