Always hungry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Hi! I have a 5 mo beardie and it seems he is always hungry. He gets about 4feedings a day with about 15-20 crickets at each feeding. These are gutloaded crickets and I dust with calcium powder 5 days a week and multivitamins 2 a week. He is always eating salad. I put fresh greens in his bowl whenever he runs out. These include mustard, dandelion, turnip, collard greens, bell peppers, butternut squash, and anything else I can find. He always eats this really fast. His lighting is a 10.0 uvb tube bulb, which covers a good 3/4 of his tank. His temps are always about 102-108 degrees on the warm side of his tank and the cool side goes to about 80 degrees, though it fluctuates from time to time. His stools and urates are extremely healthy from what I can tell (I’ve dealt with many reptiles before..). He seems like he is putting on weight and growing beautifully, though he is constantly hungry and looking for more to eat. Am I not giving him enough? I don’t want to underfeed him. He is probably getting around 50 crickets a day. He doesn’t seem to be malnourished and is very active, though I’m worried he’s not getting proper nutrition. Thank you!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wow little dude is a eater but that is good --- are you tracking his weight? It sounds like your doing a great job I wouldnt worry too much about him --- you can offer another staple feeder like dubia roaches and BSFL ---- you can order BSFL from here and use them on top of his salad https://symtonbsf.com/ they are small but full of calcium and the dubias are filling so he wont eat as many but they are really good for them www.dubiaroaches.com --- www/mulberryfarms.com --- www.abdragons.com ---- or www.joshsfrogs.com--- you might consider getting him some butter worms - super worms horn worms or silk worms- horn worms are a great hydrating worm - wax worms are like a candy to them and silk worms are good as well --- dont over feed him on those worms as they can become addicted to them - like the supers ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom