BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dubia roaches and BSFL-- here are some websites --
https://symtonbsf.com/ these do not need to be dusted --
www.dubiaroaches.com ---
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/
https://abdragons.com/login.php
I use dubia roaches as my staple and give Blaze and Hiccup BSFL as well - the BSFL are added to the top of Blazes salad first thing in the morning a long w/ 2 super worms to entice him to bowl -- I want him to eat his greens and he is eating them now w/ no problem-- I started tho when he was 7 weeks and he is now 6 months this Fri---- Hiccup on the other hand does not eat his greens and I did not do that when he was 3 months old when I got him so now he wont touch them :( ---
Butter worms wax worms and horn worms can also be fed to them --- butter worms and wax worms are more of a treat --- horn worms are a hydrating worm and grow really fast -- silkworms are also good but can be spendy and are hard to find
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Karries list is good, however butterworms are great feeder worms and are not like waxworms at all. High calcium low fat. Whereas waxworms are very high fat and are more like beardie candy bars.

My top list of feeder insects in order of best to not best (personal opinion)
  • silkworms
    BSFL
    Butterworms
    Dubia roaches
    Crickets
    Hornworms
    Mealworms
    Superworms

For babies, you can use small mealworms and small supers. But really, they are at the bottom.of the list not because they are bad, but because the ones above them.are so good :)

Note also I dont include waxworms in my list as I truly do treat them as beardie candy bars. They aren't a food in this household, only a treat LOL :D

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=242393

Best choices IMO are
> blowfly gents ( and the flies - so don't ditch the pupae )
> black soldier fly lavae instar two and the flies (so don't throw away the pupae)
> silkworms ( especially fed on mulberry leaves ( red, white or black varieties of mulberry are all fine) , for a month old you can give silkworms about 1/2 inch long , I've fed 7g hatchlings silkworms 1 inch long and they hoovered 4 to 6 per meal), my gang aways loved the moths too.
> for a 7g hatching I'd start off on 25 day old ( 1/4 size ) crickets who are gutloaded with calcium rich fresh greens and bearded dragon pellets ( the dry type ) and are dusted LIGHTLY daily with calcium powder , and a 1:1 mix of vitamins and calcium powders on the weekends.
Similar sized roaches or hoppers are fine too.

NO MEALWORMS or SUPERWORMS until about 12 months old ( then only as treats ).

Adults
BSFL ( you'll use maybe 40 - 50 per feed )
medium to adult crickets
medium to adult roaches
medium to adult hoppers
large silkworms

occasional mealworm lavae,pupae and beetles
occasional superworm lavae, pupae and beetles

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Didnt know about the butter worms -- thats good as my two do not like wax worms---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom