What to feed adult

Status
Not open for further replies.
So over the time of watching my little Stanley grow from 9 inches to 15 inches now in 3 months has been an amazing time. With him coming up on reaching adulthood I know he will be slowing down on the animals at the time and eating mostly veggies and bugs once a day or two. I know I can do super worms at I believe it was 30 a week at least probably more of 5-7 a day. And I know I can throw in some roaches as well. I was reaching out to see what guys have had luck with feeding adults and the best way to transition him on over when the time comes. He will soon be moving from his 40 gallon breeder to a 120 gallon. Thank you all for any input you have. Have a good day.
105895-1620602599.jpg
105895-6894504437.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Stanley is a great looking dragon! :D
They do grow quickly & usually don't stay small forever.
Does he eat his greens/veggies pretty routinely right now? He will definitely need more
vegetation but still does need minimal protein too.
A varied diet is a good way to keep him healthy. It's up to you as to how you feed him, if
you want to give a few bugs with his greens, etc daily, or just give bugs a few days a week
it's whatever is easier really.
Superworms, silkworms or hornworms, crickets or roaches are all good choices. Most of the
time I recommend really 40 or so insects weekly of at least a couple of different things. You
could rotate them if you wanted to so he doesn't get too much fat & protein.

Tracie

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
Oh yes he loves his salad. He pretty much eats all his salad every day so I dont think he will have to much of a problem switching on over to mainly that when it comes time.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The more variety you can offer the better. It's good that he's eating his veges well. As an adult he can eat mostly veges. I feed my adult a bug meal maybe once a week or so while he gets salads daily. Offering an occasional bug snack in between if I have something other than his staple roaches. They tend to develop favorite salad items so you can keep them in rotation more frequently, but generally I like to just offer different things based on what looks fresh at the store or market at the time or what I have ready to go from the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom