Juvenile Beardie Feeding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!

So basically my question is this: now that Dinraal is approximately 5 or 6 months old (he's over 12 inches long which according to multiple sources means he's around that age as a juvenile), just how much protein and how much of his usual salad should he be eating?

On a typical day these days, Dinraal scarfs down anywhere between 10-15 dubias in his morning feeding session, then he snacks on his salad throughout the day. He gets the same amount of roaches at his evening feed and he usually finishes off his salad before bedtime. So that's ~20-30 roaches per day and a small bowl filled to the top with greens and squash and occasionally some mango or strawberry (he's not keen on fruit at the moment but he loves his kale and collard greens and yellow squash)

So is that enough for a juvenile bearded dragon on average? Or is that maybe too much protein and not enough salad? I know juveniles should be fed 50% protein, 50% veggies but it's confusing comparing percentages with actual food haha.

I would just like y'all's opinions on if he's getting more than he needs, not enough, or just the right amount of food.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
80% bugs till a year maybe a little longer 20% salads --- but the more he eats of salads that is good
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom