Can I feed aquatic plants to beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chenpoes

I have several planted aquariums and I was curious about feeding aquatic plants to my beardie. I have an excess of things like hornwort, duckweed, dwarf sag, temple plant, and many others, and it always seems like such a waste to just clip em and toss em. I've done a bit of research but I cant find any resources/seen any instances of anyone doing something like this. Another thing I'd be a bit worried about is snails, I could pick off most of them of course but she'd definitely end up with some teeny tiny babies and eggs, but im sure with some effort I could get it all off.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably not a good idea. You never know what bacteria/parasites could be lurking and not sure on the possible toxicity of any of those to bearded dragons. I know you hate to see them wasted but it's better safe than sorry. :)

beckys19

Check out to see if there are any aquarium clubs in your general area. Many have auctions once or twice a year. Even if it is an hour or 2 drive, if you can come up with some other reason to visit the city, you could always just drop off the plants to sell if you're not interested in picking up new stock. Check out their rules on labeling and item type max.

Independent aquarium stores might trade store credit for plants. You could check out local "rummage sale/buy sell trade" Facebook sites to sell it. Any friends have goldfish that would like some duck weed? If you would feel comfortable shipping them, Ebay it or place on Aquabid. If you do place on those let me know, I could use some more variety in our 75. Right now it is being taken over by java moss and I have a horde of endlers (not a good combo, as those babies can hide well!) despite just selling a bunch at a fall auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom