Eating bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my Beardy is 3 years old and I give him greens and veggies everyday.
However, here lately when I’ve gone to give him hornworms or dubia roaches, he kinda looks at them like he’s going to eat them, then decides not to. Like he’s not Interested in the bugs anymore. But like I said, he eats his greens and veggies like normal.
I was thinking it could be brumation, but I’d just like to get some opinions on why he may not be interested in the bugs. Please let me know what you think!
Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

For an adult I wouldn't worry too much at all about it. Especially if they actually are eating salad.
That being said, you might want to try a different feeder just to see if he's gotten bored with the normal bugs he gets.

I don't fret over my adults not wanting bugs as long as they are at least eating salads. :)

-Brandon

celliott303

Original Poster
claudiusx":mp2yuzpf said:
Hi there,

For an adult I wouldn't worry too much at all about it. Especially if they actually are eating salad.
That being said, you might want to try a different feeder just to see if he's gotten bored with the normal bugs he gets.

I don't fret over my adults not wanting bugs as long as they are at least eating salads. :)

-Brandon

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom