BSFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
So I wanting to keep BSFL can I just put them in my fridge and they would be fine and not grow? What is the lowest point they can handle?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They usually last for a couple of weeks on the counter - you can put them on the door of your fridge and they will not grow -- I have done both - I am working on some now that are several weeks old and have not turned yet -- it is up to you how you want to store them
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your fridge is usually too cold unless you put them in the door of the fridge where it's usually the warmest.
But they really well do fine at room temp for a week or two IME. Some start to turn but the majority will stay in their larval stage.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I buy Instar 2 BSLF , and they last over 4 weeks before I start getting lots of flies emerging.

The flies are good hatchling food too , slow moving, don't bight and very nutritious.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3aek6cbf said:
They usually last for a couple of weeks on the counter - you can put them on the door of your fridge and they will not grow -- I have done both - I am working on some now that are several weeks old and have not turned yet -- it is up to you how you want to store them
Karrie
I would probably put them in the door of my fridge because I still have a baby bearded dragon so they cant grow that big.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They dont usually grow anymore that I have noticed and even if they did they dont get to where he wouldnt be able to eat them
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeardedDragonSteve":i38q4k81 said:
KarrieRee":i38q4k81 said:
Karrie
I would probably put them in the door of my fridge because I still have a baby bearded dragon so they cant grow that big.

Even full grown BSFL are perfectly fine for a small sub 12g hatchling because they are very soft bodied, the white very wriggly instar 2s are more attractive to a hatchling
bslf-life.png

who may never have seen them before.

The brown Instar that are still wriggling is OK too, but are a little more chewy.
The Pupa are fine for larger hatchlings and juveniles.
The flies are great hatchling food.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":eihul4nm said:
BeardedDragonSteve":eihul4nm said:
KarrieRee":eihul4nm said:
Karrie

Even full grown BSFL are perfectly fine for a small sub 12g hatchling because they are very soft bodied, the white very wriggly instar 2s are more attractive to a hatchling
bslf-life.png

who may never have seen them before.

The brown Instar that are still wriggling is OK too, but are a little more chewy.
The Pupa are fine for larger hatchlings and juveniles.
The flies are great hatchling food.
My beardie is 37 grams the last time I weighed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom