Greens that little guys go crazy for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savvy

Hi all! I have a 3 month old and he was eating his greens with no problems (collard greens or mustard greens and some shredded carrots every now and then.) This past week he has stopped eating his greens unless I hand feed them to him but, he eats all his bsfl, crickets and mealworms with no problem. Not too picky when it comes to his bugs. ? I prep the salad in the morning and put about 7-10 mealworms or some bsfl in it to stimulate him to eat the salad but, he has awesome aim and a lot of patience and will only pick out the bugs. I'll bet part of it is he's bored of the collards and mustard greens so I was wondering if anyone had any veggies that their guys just absolutely love?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Collard has always been a favorite of all of my dragons. You might want to try bok choy. That's been a favorite too. And, red bell peppers seems to entice them also :)

-Brandon

Savvy

Original Poster
claudiusx":t6j4cvzh said:
Collard has always been a favorite of all of my dragons. You might want to try bok choy. That's been a favorite too. And, red bell peppers seems to entice them also :)

-Brandon
I didn't know I could give him bok choy! Thanks, I'll have to try that. I gave him some green bell peppers tonight since I just found out I could give him those but, he's still currently picking out the bsfl and eating around the veggies. Little stinker! ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup bok choy is great! :)

From my experience, the red bell peppers are a bigger hit. They seem to like the red color :)

-Brandon

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Mustard greens are my one's fav. while the other seems to like collards best. It's just trial & error and I rotate what I feed them to keep them from getting tired of the same old thing every day.

My beardie goes nuts for yellow squash, I cut it into small little pizza-shaped slices and she snatches 'em up and saves them for when no one is watching. (Storing them in her beard.)

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Figment seems to really like baby arugula... it's the first of the greens I've tried that he seems to really like!

Savvy

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the ideas! So far, bok choy and just a little mint are a huge hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom