So confused on how much to fed my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlggator

Hi all,

I am a new dragon mom. I have posted here with a few other questions, and always get great advice. I get such mixed advice from pet store people on how much I should be feeding my dragon. He is about 6 months old, if I had to guess and is 12 to 13 inches long including tail.
He is a little piggy and would eat and eat if I let him.
Right now he gets either dubia roaches (medium size) or small crickets as his feeder. If I am feeding crickets, he is eating about 20 or so twice a day. If its Dubias, he gets about 10 twice a day. I also feed him greens and veggies during the day, maybe a handful each day.
He always seems so hungry. Am I feeding him enough? He will eat all his crickets or dubias in about 30 seconds or faster. I have heard that I could feed him more and others tell me I am feeding him too much.
So, I am coming to you. How much should I be feeding him?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Feed him as much as he will eat in 5-10 minutes bugs--- greens as much as he will eat--- he is a growing boy and he will stop when hes full
Karrie

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
:lol: Boy, I can feel your pain! My Figment inhales crickets and dubias to the point that I'm starting to wonder if he DOES have an "off switch" for feeding! I've never seen him turn down bugs, though he's still hit-or-miss with his salads (but he's only 4-5 months old). But in answer to your question... no, you aren't feeding him too much. Go with what Karrie recommends - as much as he wants in 5-10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom