Squash storage advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, each fall when it is in season I purchase several varieties of squash for my beardie. For years I have always cooked them by cutting down the center and laying them flat on a cookie sheet in the oven until soft. Once they cool I place some in ice cubes trays and freeze. After frozen I store them in a Ziploc freezer bag. Then in the middle of winter I can just pop out a cube and once thawed I can give it to him to eat along with some greens.

I am not sure if this is the best way for me to store the squash and before I do it again I thought I would get some input.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like a fine idea to me!:)

I've never really thought about that as we typically have some type of squash year round here, but that's a great idea IMO.

-Brandon

Amuseismom

Original Poster
Thanks Brandon ?

Unfortunately I live in North Western PA and we get cold, snowing weather. If I find squash it's not usually very good quality and the price is ridiculous.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
That's a good way to have it available. I think the squash doesn't lose its vitamins as quickly in the freezer as greens do, so that's another positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom