Stimulate feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Their appetites fluctuate and that is normal. As long as they are active/alert and otherwise seem OK, just offer food regularly and let them take what they want.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2mq4gqc1 said:
Their appetites fluctuate and that is normal. As long as they are active/alert and otherwise seem OK, just offer food regularly and let them take what they want.
Mine is about 5 - 4 months old (I don't know how old he was when I got him) He is very active (I considered renaming him Flash because how fast he was) and very alert but kind of thin, I dont know what they should normally look like at that age. By the way in babies or juvies (when is a beardie considered a juvie) do they have the fat stores on their head?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I agree that sounds like a normal healthy amount and it does very day to day.

If you are worried you can weight him weekly on a kitchen scale to track his weight. A lot of times we dont notice the growth since we see them everyday.

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":sqmp1tsm said:
Hi there,

I agree that sounds like a normal healthy amount and it does very day to day.

If you are worried you can weight him weekly on a kitchen scale to track his weight. A lot of times we dont notice the growth since we see them everyday.

-Brandon
Its amazing when you watch them stalk their crickets. Sometimes I pull off a back leg of a cricket and put it on the opposite end of the enclosure and the beardie sees it than slowly creeps up to it and eats it

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like watching the hunt too. It's basically the only reason I buy crickets, and another reason to love dubias. :D

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2gdstnc4 said:
I like watching the hunt too. It's basically the only reason I buy crickets, and another reason to love dubias. :D

-Brandon
I wish I could but my mother does not want any roaches in her house so :p

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":m0v3ppgr said:

-Brandon
Oh and my beardie gained 2 grams he was 14 grams but than went down 2 grams and now he is back to 14 grams and what is the normal weight for a 4-5 month old bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom