Feeding adult bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon has recently turned a year old and I have started to give him less insects now since when they are adults they need less. I’m just wondering how much and how often you guys feed your adult dragons (other than the daily greens). This is my first beardie and I want to get him on a good feeding schedule but I’m not sure how much I should be giving him now as I would usually just feed him however much he wanted when he was younger. I have both Dubias and supers available for him as well as (usually) mustard greens as his staple. Sometimes I use collard greens and occasionally turnip greens. Thanks in advance!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

At 1 year old he might still have some growing left in him. He definitely looks big and full grown though.

You can definitely cut back a bit, but I tend to still keep 1 year olds at slightly higher feeder insects than I do for what I consider my adults.

You can definitely give him a big salad every day.
Supers I would limit to no more than 5 or so a day. You could do something like supers 1 day, a few dubias the next day. It's kind of trial and error and just knowing your dragon.

You can always weigh him before you make any changes, and see how the changes you've made have affected him. Truth be told, with his size, he really doesn't need large amounts of protein, so if he eats his salads well, let him! :)

Oh and by the way, he is absolutely gorgeous! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Hjballinger

Original Poster
Thank you, he does love his salad and eats very well. I’ll feed him less protein but I’ll still give him enough. I don’t want him to get fat since that will cause problems down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom