Baby beardie with no appetite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdonley

So we've had our baby girl Poppy for about a week now. She wasn't super interested in the calciworms so I went to dubia roaches. She seems much more motivated to eat them initially, but after only a few she's done. It says they should eat 30-60 a day. We do 2 feedings a day and I'm lucky if I can get her to eat 7-8 of them. Like I said initially she pounces right on the first few and then it's like she wants nothing to do with them. Should I be worried? It has only been a week with us. Could she still be adjusting? Shes also starting to shed so I don't know if that could have something to do with it as well? Any thoughts?

Sam

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Sam,

The quantity largely depends on the size of the feeders too! If the dubia are decently sized, she will eat less than if they were smaller.

The fact that she is eating is a good sign! And yes, it can take them a few weeks for the appetite to completely ramp up. With Tombo he slowly started eating more and more by the second week. It probably wasn't until almost a month before he was really eating a lot!
They are all different.

-Brandon

Sdonley

Original Poster
That's good to know. This container of dubias were a little on the bigger side for "smalls" but she still only eats a few. I'll watch and see as she adjusts over the next few weeks. Thanks! :)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Just as an experiment, you might try more than 2 feedings/day to see what happens (like 3-4?).
Also, are you leaving the dubias in with her for longer than 15 minutes or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom