Lighting vs. Feeding Schedule URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerBlue

Do a beardie's lights have to be on for two hours before AND after feedings? I am asking because this will become a problem once school starts next week. I don't have a light timer, so will I have to wake up to turn the lights on two hours before I go? I also have concerns about what this will do to my dragon's evening schedule. If the lights are on that early, will they have to be turned off twelve-fourteen hours later when it is still light out? This won't allow for evening feedings, as the lights would come on at five am and go off at five, which is when I get home. Fourteen hours (five to seven) would allow me to feed him both times, would that be a healthy lighting schedule?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can buy a timer if you like they are not that expensive--- also the dragon will adjust to your schedule --- but they do need to be on for at least 2 hrs after the dragon has eaten -- adjust accordingly- it doesnt matter if the lights go out before its dark out --- Hiccup goes to bed when the sun is still out or its starting to get dark - as long as their lights are off it doesnt pretty much matter after the lights have been on for 12 hrs they are ready for them to be shut off---- you can feed him his salad before you go to school just leave it on the cool side of tank --- if your feeding roaches you can leave them in the tank I would just take out unnecessary decor so they cant get in side stuff or hide behind--- check when you get home to see if hes eaten them -- you can also buy a bowl that insects and worms etc cant get out of -- I purchased one from symtonbsf and it has worked pretty good for the BSFL and the dubias -- others on here might have some ideas as well
Karrie

TylerBlue

Original Poster
I feel the need to add that my dragon is just a baby (approximately two months, I think, as compared to his size- 6.5") We are on a tight budget this month due to my mom not being able to work like normal, so it is hard for us to get things like a timer that would make this easier. I want to give my baby the best life I can manage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is there anyone in the household after you leave that can turn his /her lights on around 7 AM or so?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would turn the lights on at 5 AM and feed him a salad set on cool side of tank --- feed him his bugs dusted w/ the calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week --- what kind of bugs are your feeding? The lights can still go off at 7 PM ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom