Baby bearded dragon wont eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcwxhz3

I rescued a 4 month old bearded dragon almost 3 weeks ago and prior to getting him, I did all my research to make sure he was coming to a good and loving home. I have him in a 20 gallon tank with a tall resting hide for him to bask on, a tree bark to climb, water and food bowl. At first he was eating here and there and stopped for a while until I realized he was shedding then a couple days after, he almost completely stopped eating. I hear him nibble here and there but I know he's a baby and needs to eat way more than what he is. He shows no signs of dehydration, no sunken eyes, no bad behavior, loves car rides, being held, his body is nice and plump, likes to climb and hang on the bark (which is on the opposite side of his basking area,) I take him out every morning and night to bond and let him roam my room, his terrarium is usually at 95-100 degrees and at night it stays at 80-85. I read that you can try giving them fruits as treats to make them eat more? Or mix the food w/ the fruits and veggies and he still won't budge. He'll lick it once and just sleep. I have tried both hand feeding and leaving it in a bowl. I looked up metabolic bone disease and nothing matches with him, he only shows stress marks when I make a loud noise or take his food/water bowl out to clean or fill it. I thought brumation but it's barley August unless it can start that early? I'm new with reptiles and I thought I did all my research but maybe not well enough ): I don't know what i'm doing wrong and wouldn't want to hurt him in any way. Any advice?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome - glad hes been rescued - it sounds like hes going thru relocation stress --- but yes I do agree he should be eating more - what kind of lighting did you get for him? Brand and bulb- the basking temp should be higher for a baby 105-110- how are you taking temps? And his cool side at nite should be lower than 80- during the day it would be fine but at nite it should be down to 70 or so but not below 65 --
Karrie

abcwxhz3

Original Poster
It's by ZooMed and I believe its either 75 or 100. It's kept on for about 10-12 hours and as soon as I get home from work it's turned off until I leave for work the next day. I have a digital thermometer to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom