Age vs Size for certain feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMG07

Okay...

I've been seeing a very mixed amount of information on when to feed superworms and hornworms.

Charmander is only 3 months old.

Weighed and measured today he is 136 g and 14 inches.

He doesn't care for bsfl. He'll eat a few wax worms which I know are supposed to be treats.

He won't touch salad (I will keep trying)

This boy lives for dubia roaches.

I want more variety in his diet. I can't find silkworms.

Hornworms are easily available... And superworms aren't too hard for me to get my hands on.

So... Is it age? Or size? Should I be looking for a different feeder? What would all of you fine people recommend?

He's absolutely awful with crickets.

Here's a picture of the moody boy today.

104651-2260442400.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The two girls are already eating supers and they are half his weight. The key is appropriately sized. They've also had hornworms already too.

Dubias are a good choice that can be the bulk of the diet. And for variety you can add in hornworms, butterworms, supers, mealworms, and crickets.

Silks would be good if you could source them. Hatching them yourself isnt too hard and eggs are a lot easier to get.

-Brandon

LMG07

Original Poster
What size would you recommend when ordering online? I haven't gotten any before.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For which insect?
For hornworms I just buy the 25 cup from greatlakes and they have always came in small. If I want to feed Tombo or Moro I just let some of them grow for a bit. They grow quick.

Supers and mealworms you usually can pick your size when ordering them. Pretty much any size mealworms will be ok for him. But I wouldn't be giving him full sized supers yet.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
At this stage : mealworms and superworms only for very occasional treats.

Stick with BSFL ( even If you have hand feed these to him ) , silkworms, crickets , roaches as his daily feeders.

Keep offering salad , will come around to it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom