Plant identification - ontario canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkoshi

Hello everyone my beardie Gary's main source of green is this spade plant that is everywhere here, anyone know what its name is? He has eaten it for a month seem ok.. cambridge on cananda

full

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

Yes, that is wild violet. May I ask why you're feeding unidentified greens, though? While beardies are smart, they can and will eat things poisonous to them, especially plants that don't occur in their native ranges. They kinda need us to make sure they don't do dumb things like eating poison in captivity. I'm glad Gary is doing well, and as it happens wild violet is a GREAT dragon green, so I encourage you to keep feeding those particular plants (Guacamole loves them too!), but please be careful.

As a side note, if you ever want to buy violets for him, make sure you're getting "meadow violets" or something in the Viola genus and NOT Cape Marigolds, which are also called "African Violets" and are VERY toxic. I would personally reccomend "David's Garden Seeds Flower Viola Penny All Season Mix (Edible) SL1828 (Multi) 50 Non-GMO, Hybrid Seeds" from amazon.

Hope that helps,
-Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom