When to transition from insects to veggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

Hi, my beardie is about 10". I was wondering when I should start to transition it to a more plant based diet. How do you do this transition? How fast do you switch to one feeding? How do you modify the feeding sizes?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is the dragon? If he is less than a year he needs insects dusted w/ calcium D3 and vitamins - D3 5 x per week - vitamins 2 x per week --- and a salad offered every day- he may not eat it but it needs to be offered- he should be eating as many insects as he can in a 10-15 minute time frame -- if he is over a year old he should be eating a salad every day --- or he can be stubborn like mine and not eat it at all or very little --- he still prefers bugs but he is offered it every day------------you dont modify amounts -- they will eat until they are full and will quit-- if he likes his salads he may eat alot so keep feeding - here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
visit this site and go from there ---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
All my dragons despite their age get daily salads, and they all eat it. Not always all of the salad, but usually at least half.

I switch over to limited feeders once the dragon is an adult size, or once the dragon has stopped growing. This comes at different times for all dragons.

But at 10 inches, your guy still has lots of bugs in his future :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom