Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my little mushu won't eat crickets at all have not been able to get him/her to eat them and in Canada dubias are illegal to possess as they are considered an invasive species by our gov't. And I thing supers are too big for him as of now the only thing I can get him to actually eat insect wise is mealworms but I know he can't just eat them any advice for me
104815-1437135814.jpg

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
KarrieRee":lkxb5x92 said:
Try BSFL -- here is a website to order
https://symtonbsf.com/----------- you will need to order ALOT of them as they are tiny --- they are also calcium rich
Karrie

Thanks Karrie like 20 mins or less after posting I tried again but didn't dust them this time it took some coaxing of the cricket towards mushu but I got him/her to eat about 10 of them plus 3 mealworms and a bit of mango and some cabbage I dusted the veggies

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am glad he ate but please no more meal worms hes too young--- they have a hard time digesting them because of the exo skeleton-- you can feed him horn worms silk worm butter worms - phoenix worms ---
Karrie

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
KarrieRee":tygz08rl said:
I am glad he ate but please no more meal worms hes too young--- they have a hard time digesting them because of the exo skeleton-- you can feed him horn worms silk worm butter worms - phoenix worms ---
Karrie
Not buying anymore had a friend give me about 20 from his stockpile to try since he wasn't eating anything the 3 he got was the last of the ones I had I also have a delivery of bsfl coming to offset with crickets. I just wish dubias weren't banned here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Me too --- they are a great staple feeder--- I am feeding mine BFSL now too- hes tired of dubias I think - so hes been eating them
Karrie

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1jcq9nim said:
Me too --- they are a great staple feeder--- I am feeding mine BFSL now too- hes tired of dubias I think - so hes been eating them
Karrie

Now just to figure out his weird behavior

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
KarrieRee":6j000r8e said:
Weird behavior? Whats he doing?
Karrie

He will bask for a bit then run to a different perch located mid enclosure then to a different one closer to his basking then to basking spot and it's like a giant circle

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What is the brand and bulb for your UVB and where is it ? Top of screen inside tank?
Karrie

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
KarrieRee":33rav16g said:
What are your basking temps and how are you taking them? What is the brand and bulb for your UVB and where is it ? Top of screen inside tank?
Karrie

Basking temp ranges from 105 to 110 they are being taken by a digital thermometer in the enclosure plus a ir temp gun 3 times a day the UVB is a reptiglo 10.0 t5ho inside enclosure I know reptisun or Arcadia is better but I broke my reptisun and am waiting for a replacement to come in stock as my local store doesn't carry alot for reptiles so they order in what I need. And I am using a basking bulb plus a heat bulb mid enclosure and a regular house bulb closer to the cool side to keep some light and some residual heat on that side. Currently temps are 94 ambient on the hot side 92 mid enclosure and 80 cool side. The two perches he prefers are a bit lower than the main hide and basking perch I made for mushu out of foam board and grout. He doesn't appear distressed about it he is quite content about being there.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Reptiglo are not good-- I would get that changed out ASAP-- those bulbs are getting bad ratings- could be a reason but also I would only have one basking bulb in tank - it should be able to keep temps in area warm and the cool side 80 is good-- I have one regular household bulb that is 60 watt on cool side of my tank and it is around 80's as well-- but only one area for basking-- and it has a gradient of temps so he can pick temp he wants to bask in
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Running around from perch to perch is just part of being an active juvie. :D I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

-Brandon

Aolsen1989

Original Poster
Just had a bath and while bathing we changed some of the decor around moving the perches he seems to favor to the basking bulb area tried running just one actual bulb but the gradient wasn't that good maybe I can try changing the second reptile bulb out for a regular house light but I am using a 5x2x2 enclosure any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom