How often do I feed my dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hello! I have a 8 month dragon Arthur, I feed him crickets everyday and a salad.i have heard some people say they feed there dragons insects every other day. When would it be a good time for me to switch to that? And when should I switch to a different insect other then crickets.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can switch to dubias any time - in fact I recommend it- crickets tend to give parasites / worms and dubias are healthier for him anyway- he should be eating as many as he can eat in 10-15 minutes-about a year or so he will start eating salads more or so they say and you would be feeding him his insects 2 times per week still dusting them w/ the calcium D3 and the vitamins alternating between the 2 -the dubias are easy to keep and are more filling-- 1 dubia = 6 crickets--- they dont stink they dont chirp and you can keep them in a tote or 10 gallon aquarium and feed them carrots apples squash strawberries etc........... they dont like greens much- here is a website for nutrition for your dragon
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html----
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can get them on line ---- amazon.com search dubia roaches--- http://www.dubiaroaches.com there are many places you can get them ---- the suppliers off of amazon offer free shipping as well as other places - you just need to shop around ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom