Question about Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
I feed my beardie greens daily, his staples are dandelion greens, collard greens and mustard greens. I am trying to offer some variety of greens to his diet so he wont get bored/tired of the same items. I was wondering if anyone here feeds their beardie some Kale? If so, do you sprinkle calcium dusting or not?

Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I add some kale to the mix now and then. It's starting to come up in my garden (along with green beans and collards) so I'll use it more. I generally just grab whichever green looks the best on the store shelf when I'm there. Mustard greens have been a recent hit but it varies so just keep offering what looks best on a rotation. I don't add any supplements to salads. They're pretty nutritious on their own, especially if there are a few different items included. I just add calcium supplement to the bugs when they are offered. The bugs eat a diet of mostly leftover salads though so they are probably pretty nutritious too.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I do not feed mine Kale - I have heard it binds the calcium and others do feed theirs Kale - I stick w/ the turnip greens collard and mustard- w/ squash alternating between yellow zucchini and butternut- I also feed fruit and green beans and sweet potato--
Karrie

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info.
Also, I believe that it is Spinach that binds calcium. Based on Beautiful Dragons nutrition site it does say Kale can be offered occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom