is my beardie eating enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrod

I am new to the beardie scene. I have a question I see where everyone says that their beardie eats 15-20 crickets a sitting. My beardie is a juvenile and I offer him crickets at least twice a day but he will eat no more than 5 a sitting if that. He is eating his greens and still very active. I am just curious on whether he is getting enough from the few amounts of crickets he eats? Due to him not eating many crickets I just ordered dubia roaches and BSFL. Even though I plan to get rid of the crickets (500) to replace with the dubia roaches should I be worried? Could it be he just doesn't care for crickets?

OnyxFlame

Bearded dragons can be pretty picky eaters. My sister's brearded dragon won't eat the crickets, throws fits over greens, and goes crazy over worms; and on the other hand, my dragon will eat almost anything.
How old is your bearded dragon?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Weigh the dragon and tell us how much he weighs.

How old did the seller tell you the dragon is ?

what size crickets are you giving to the dragon ? how often per day ?

Jerrod

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3fmvziik said:
Weigh the dragon and tell us how much he weighs.

How old did the seller tell you the dragon is ?

what size crickets are you giving to the dragon ? how often per day ?

He weighs about 20g and is about 7" long. I am not sure how old he is I got it at petsmart. I offer him crickets twice a day. The crickets I give him are tiny probably about 3/8".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom