Conflicting information about insect feeding schedule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My beardie, Torrin is 1.5 (give or take a few months) years old and somewhere between 15 to 16 inches tip of snout to tip of the tail. Space between the eyes is 0.75 inches. She weighs 356 grams. I am her third owner and have had her for a month and a half. She is also being treated for a high count of pinworms with Panacur.
First question: Is she stunted or small for her age? If so, why?
Second question: I have heard some say I should feed her as many insects as she will eat once every day because she is small and in need of nutrition. I have also heard some say that she should be fed insects twice a week since she is an adult. She has one heck of an appetite, even more so when I first got her. She has also filled out quite a bit and gone from a bit on the skinny side to quite buff and now has a big belly. She has grown a little longer (about a half inch) since I got her. Who should I listen to?

104488-1225477043.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This is best guide I've seen (for adult bearded dragons) : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236074

If she is actually 1.5 years old , she may be younger (as you can't aways trust what the seller tells you) , then your dragon is what I would call a juvenile , some call a subadult . She wont be an full grown adult until she's about or just over 2 years old.

She might actually be only a tad over 1 year old based entirely on her body mass.

So one meal of insects per day + salad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom