Conflicting information about insect feeding schedule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
My beardie, Torrin is 1.5 (give or take a few months) years old and somewhere between 15 to 16 inches tip of snout to tip of the tail. Space between the eyes is 0.75 inches. She weighs 356 grams. I am her third owner and have had her for a month and a half. She is also being treated for a high count of pinworms with Panacur.
First question: Is she stunted or small for her age? If so, why?
Second question: I have heard some say I should feed her as many insects as she will eat once every day because she is small and in need of nutrition. I have also heard some say that she should be fed insects twice a week since she is an adult. She has one heck of an appetite, even more so when I first got her. She has also filled out quite a bit and gone from a bit on the skinny side to quite buff and now has a big belly. She has grown a little longer (about a half inch) since I got her. Who should I listen to?

104488-1225477043.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This is best guide I've seen (for adult bearded dragons) : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=236074

If she is actually 1.5 years old , she may be younger (as you can't aways trust what the seller tells you) , then your dragon is what I would call a juvenile , some call a subadult . She wont be an full grown adult until she's about or just over 2 years old.

She might actually be only a tad over 1 year old based entirely on her body mass.

So one meal of insects per day + salad .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom