Feeding my Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfrank

Hi,
I want to know if I am feeding my bearded dragon Pogo enough. I give Pogo 2 Superworms, a Phenix worm, and 10 meal worms in the morning and fresh greens at 5 or 6 in the evening but he always seems hungry.
Thank you,
Sheila
(Pogo's Mom)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Sheila,

That would depend on the age of Pogo.
Curiously too, do you know his size?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could probably be feeding a bit more live insects at his age, although at 20 inches he's pretty close to full grown I'd imagine.

I'd key him have a big salad every day and up his feeders a bit. The Phoenix worms are really small for a 20 inch dragon. I'd up the number of Phoenix worms.

Other nice feeders you could try to add for variety sake would be silkworms, hornworms, dubia roaches, butterworms, and crickets.

He doesn't need much more imo since he's so big already. I'd focus on keeping a salad available to him all day.

:)

-Brandon

sjfrank

Original Poster
Thank you very much and I want to let you know I have started a dubia roach colony but I have to weight until they have started to reproduce before I start feeding them to Pogo right? If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. Once again Thank you,
Sheila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom