calci worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Just a quick question...
Is there a minimum/Maximum amount of calci worms I should be feeding my 2 year old a day? Ok it's actually every 2-3 days and greens the other days but anyway...
I ask because her appetite seems to be huge at the moment and she'll easily get through 50-60 and keep waiting expectantly for more so much so that I thought I'd just keep feeding her today and we got through 80 before I stopped but I think if I'd let her we'd have easily hit the 100 mark. She's not over weight so I'm not overly concerned and obviously calci-worms are tiny and healthy but I don't want to over feed her. She did lay a clutch of eggs a couple of weeks ago so I figured that could be why she's eating like there's no tomorrow but yea I just wanted to ask if there is a number I should be cutting her off at?
She does get locusts sometimes instead but usually only has a few large ones before losing interest.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Adults can really go through a ton of them since they're so small. Especially when their appetites are up (it's cyclical). She will need calcium now so it's good to provide plenty of them. That said, they can sometimes eat them too quickly without chewing and they pass through undigested. Keep an eye out for this. If you see undigested worms, it's not a big deal but you'll want to offer them more slowly so she chews them up a bit.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I give mine lots of bsfl in a worm dish, and put some salad chopped up small in the bowl with them. He may not eat the salad but it slows him down eating the worms so there's a better chance of proper chewing. Just make sure the salad isn't too wet - the worms find it easy to make their way out of the dish if they get wet. Also if you pile too many in the dish at once they'll "pig pile" and get out. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom