Feeding a 3 almost 4 year old Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katienic

I feed my almost 4 year old beardie 1 time a day, mainly in the evening. He gets veggies everyday but crickets every other. Am I feeding him too little? How and what do you feed your adult beardies?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is he eating all the vegies hes given? The crickets I think can be offered twice a week w/ calcium D3 -- and vitamins as well maybe one time a week --- how about water- ? You can wash his vegies before serving so he can get water from there unless he drinks from a bowl---
Karrie

Katienic

Original Poster
KarrieRee":23revg72 said:
Is he eating all the vegies hes given? The crickets I think can be offered twice a week w/ calcium D3 -- and vitamins as well maybe one time a week --- how about water- ? You can wash his vegies before serving so he can get water from there unless he drinks from a bowl---
Karrie

He doesn’t eat them all. I do spray his veggies with water as well as him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Then he us full I would say-- does he look thin to you and do you weigh him at all-- you can take a weight on him keep track if it and go from there
Karrie

Katienic

Original Poster
KarrieRee":54r7vgds said:
Then he us full I would say-- does he look thin to you and do you weigh him at all-- you can take a weight on him keep track if it and go from there
Karrie

He does not look thin to me but then I guess I’m not too sure what thin looks like on a bearded dragon. He seems happy and all that. Just was wanting to make sure I wasn’t underfeeding him especially with the crickets. I do that every other day and he will eat about 10 then he’s done

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a decent amount of live protein for an adult. I wouldn't worry.
If you can weigh him when can tell you better if he seems under or over for his size.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom