Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi all! I appreciate everyone’s responses and help here so far. I’m glad I found this forum because it’s been helpful for me in every way! Especially for my beardie and as a first time owner! Just to make sure:

-Do I feed my baby beardie calcium powder 5 times a week and 2 times a week with vitamin powder?

-When my beardie is a juvenile, is that around 6 months?
-Do they still eat majority insects and greens here and there?
- do juveniles still get 5 times a week calcium, 2 times a week vitamins?

-When they are an adult, how often do I feed them bugs a week?
-how often for calcium and vitamins?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lexylexyy":2lrgc2zh said:
Hi all! I appreciate everyone’s responses and help here so far. I’m glad I found this forum because it’s been helpful for me in every way! Especially for my beardie and as a first time owner! Just to make sure:

-Do I feed my baby beardie calcium powder 5 times a week and 2 times a week with vitamin powder? Yes the D3 powder

-When my beardie is a juvenile, is that around 6 months? Not sure I think they are still babies
-Do they still eat majority insects and greens here and there? they should have insects up till around 1 year for main diet -- still offer them salad as well
- do juveniles still get 5 times a week calcium, 2 times a week vitamins? Once they switch over to vegies meaning eating more of them they should be offered a variety of different vegies so they are getting their calcium and vitamins

-When they are an adult, how often do I feed them bugs a week? offer them once or twice / week alternating the calcium and vitamins
if they have a good diet of vegies going you shouldnt haft to worry too much about the calcium and vitamins -- along w/ the good UVB they have they should be good

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lexylexyy":14zb1qmp said:

-Do I feed my baby beardie calcium powder 5 times a week and 2 times a week with vitamin powder?
I do calcium once a day and multi once a week

-When my beardie is a juvenile, is that around 6 months?
It's up for opinion, there is no real scientific answer.
-Do they still eat majority insects and greens here and there?
As a juvenile that is still growing, yes. Salads should be offered every day to all ages of dragon
- do juveniles still get 5 times a week calcium, 2 times a week vitamins?
Sure

-When they are an adult, how often do I feed them bugs a week?
Really is prefrence and what exactly you feed. I feed my adults mainly supers, so they would typically only get bugs 3 times a week or so. Less fatty insects you could feed more often, but IMO salad should be the bulk of the diet.
in my situation of 3 times a week, I dust the worms each feeding. Honestly I don't really use a multi with the adults. If I think about it, I might sprinkle some on the salad. But it's not a concern of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom