Too large cickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello so I have a beardie who is about 14 inches long he is almost 5 months and about 125 grams. So I have started feeding him canned crickets and they are huuuuuge so I de head them and de leg then then cut them in half is this ok ?
Thanks!

Depends how large. They shouldn't be much longer then the width between your lizards eyes. Also live insects are much healthier and trigger the beardies feeding response more.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree canned are not really good -- I would look at getting him some dubia roaches --- they are way better feeder and dont tend to give parasites / pin worms like crickets here is some info on dubias
Dubias
• Wide range of sizes
• Long life span
• Excellent nutrition
• Easy to digest
• High in protein
Convenient for you
• Odorless and soundless
• Will not infest your home
• Can be stored out of sight
• Easy to care for
• Cannot jump, fly or climb
you can keep them in a 10 gallon aquarium or tote and feed them dubia food - squash carrots apples strawberries --- they dont like greens much I have found--- you can order on line from many places like www.abdragons.com ---- www.rainbowmealworms.com - and amazon.com
Karrie

Toothless37

Original Poster
All is good now! Found a reputable breeder and now feed him crickets and supers cause he is 17 inches long now. Hanks for the help. P.s dubias are illegal in canada

Toothless37":190pczyd said:
All is good now! Found a reputable breeder and now feed him crickets and supers cause he is 17 inches long now. Hanks for the help. P.s dubias are illegal in canada
I forgot about that last part. :lol:

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Toothless37":2ycef6f5 said:
Hello so I have a beardie who is about 14 inches long he is almost 5 months and about 125 grams. So I have started feeding him canned crickets and they are huuuuuge so I de head them and de leg then then cut them in half is this ok ?
Thanks!
I dont believe in the space between is eyes rule I've fed my juvenile adult hornworms for starters , on a side note if your talking about flukers canned grasshoppers I've fed him those too and hes 12 inches and I give him the big ones sometimes three in a row no problem hes great and I don't think canned is bad either holds nutrition it's still moist not freeze dried just after u opened them keep in fridge they will go bad fast otherwise . I give my beardie handfeedings of big pieces of greens and he rips and shreds at it he doesn't care how big it is haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom