What happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Dobby absolutely refuses to eat veg or fruit. Tried nearly everything on the safe list as well as putting wax worms and other smaller insects in her bowl with it, she comes out daily to sit by window in the sun and to have a run around. I’ve put her veg bowl on floor to see if she would prefer that but no. I even put some in her mouth while she’s basking hoping to coax her. Reduced her insects to just 2 locusts in the evening hoping she will get hungry enough to eat the veg. So what will happen if she continues to refuse what should be her main diet ? I’m at my wits end now. She is 11 months old now , weighs 490 g and is 18” tip to tail.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hiccup isnt eating either -- took him to the vet had fecal and blood work done and he is healthy -- nothing came back out of the norm- she has me feeding him carnivore care every other day w/ a shot of water -- I am still offering him his salad and tried coaking him w/ super worms and he aint having it-- today I put in a big salad w/turnip and collards cut up w/ blueberries strawberries zucchini and sweet potato -- all he did was look at it--- i also tried w/ the dubias and he didnt even flinch to go after them-- so for now he is getting the carnivore care til he starts to eat again- I am keeping track of his weight as well --
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
They are a worry arn’t they. I took Dobby to vet she also said she was fine. Good fat pads and base of tail was good size. I’ve not tried zucchini yet but chop up mixed cabbage, strawberries and sugar snaps. Anything I can get hold of. But she refuses everything. Another fellow on here gives his beardie silkworms so I’ve ordered a few I’ll put them in salad when they arrive.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have tried the horm worms and actually had to really coak him to eat one of those--- I ended up throwing some of the cuz he didnt eat them fast enough and they died -- along w/ the butter worms - which he was loving them here months ago -- so for now I am not going to even bother w/ those since I haft to order them in -- that was why I tried the super worms - they were easily accessible -- so all I can do is try and see if he will pick back up on eating on his own again--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom