How is my feeding for my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoNut

Hello, i have a 7 month old male bearded dragon. He is a little over 16 inches long. In the morning 2 hours after lights on i feed him about 10 wax worms and 5 super worms, second feeding he eats collard greens and 20-30 large bsfl. And that is what he gets everyday. I'm just wondering if what I'm feeding him is good and if any changes need to be done. The reason why I'm only feeding him worms is because he stopped eating crickets a while ago and doesn't really like dubia roaches. Any thoughts?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can try BFl-- blow fly larvea--- nutri grubs I think they are also called -- the meal worms are pretty hard on their digestive system and meant for older adult dragons--- super worms are more for treats and not a every day feeder--- the BFL are small so you want to get the large ones if ordered-- you will need to wash them as they come in like a dirt -- you can google them to see where you can order them from - I have ordered them from dubiaroaches.com but they charge shipping so you can shop around other places -- some others on here might have some more ideas for you
Karrie

KoNut

Original Poster
KarrieRee":21yv5bic said:
You can try BFl-- blow fly larvea--- nutri grubs I think they are also called -- the meal worms are pretty hard on their digestive system and meant for older adult dragons--- super worms are more for treats and not a every day feeder--- the BFL are small so you want to get the large ones if ordered-- you will need to wash them as they come in like a dirt -- you can google them to see where you can order them from - I have ordered them from dubiaroaches.com but they charge shipping so you can shop around other places -- some others on here might have some more ideas for you
Karrie
That didn't really answer my question

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh dear yes I guess that didnt answer your question sorry about that but yes that is a good diet-- you can always offer him mustard greens green beans squash and fruit apples strawberries blueberries sweet potato -- I am surprised he quit eating those bugs but as long as hes eating the BSFL that is good they are full of calcium--
Karrie

KoNut

Original Poster
KarrieRee":rgzsthdj said:
Oh dear yes I guess that didnt answer your question sorry about that but yes that is a good diet-- you can always offer him mustard greens green beans squash and fruit apples strawberries blueberries sweet potato -- I am surprised he quit eating those bugs but as long as hes eating the BSFL that is good they are full of calcium--
Karrie
Alright, I'll try more veggies thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom