Jaxson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

Jaxson has an attitude he didn’t turn dark or anything but I offered him mustard greens and he closed his eyes. I then offered him collard and same thing. So he ate some strawberries then I offered more and I promise he shook his head no. Then I gave him green grapes he took some pieces of those and around the 4th piece shook his head no and made a noise unless I’m delusional. I offered him mustard greens again and he closed his eyes and turned his head and walked off. I put like 3 meal worms in the mix salad even added 2 roaches; I added zucchini and green pepper to it and he literally watched the worms and roaches until they wiggled/crawled out of the salad to eat them. Even with the calcium sprinkled on them. Oh he loves calcium.He just sits and watch the salad move until something sticks out. The calcium i usually put some in a small spot and he comes and lick it a few times so I figured hey why not on the salad ?. I can’t win for anything. I think he is now about 4 months. He is 10.5 inches long. He’s just too smart, I can’t trick him. Do they see color? He literally runs to the other side of the tank when he sees me putting in greens.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those actions just show he isn't interested in what you're offering. At his age, it's OK if he's eating mostly bugs. Keep offering the veges but he may not show much interest until he reaches full size at around 12-18 months old or so.

Lanica69

My Kaida is about the same size and about a month ago would dart to the food bowl as soon as I put out his salad. Now I can hardly get him to eat it. I have also decided he does not like the color Red or anything near it (orange or pink) . When or if he finally eats his salad he will leave anything that is of those colors. So I shouldn't be worried that he is now being very picky about eating his salad? Thanks for any info.

Jaxson

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1xhdgkyx said:
Those actions just show he isn't interested in what you're offering. At his age, it's OK if he's eating mostly bugs. Keep offering the veges but he may not show much interest until he reaches full size at around 12-18 months old or so.

Oh great to hear, thanks so much for responding ?

Jaxson

Original Poster
Lanica69":335on22d said:
My Kaida is about the same size and about a month ago would dart to the food bowl as soon as I put out his salad. Now I can hardly get him to eat it. I have also decided he does not like the color Red or anything near it (orange or pink) . When or if he finally eats his salad he will leave anything that is of those colors. So I shouldn't be worried that he is now being very picky about eating his salad? Thanks for any info.

Jaxon would eat the red peppers but love strawberries maybe because they are sweet. Maybe mix the strawberries and red peppers together. Oh yea Jaxon will only eat the strawberries and grapes out of my hand. I use 2 fingers to fed him those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom