Shedding effecting appetite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollysn28

Hi guys. I'm pretty new here, as well as new to being a bearded dragon mom. My baby dragon is about 3 months old. He's still a little guy. He's mainly eating baby dubia roaches and kale. We feed him a few times a day, and the amount of roaches he eats in a feeding really just varies. Sometimes he eats 10..I've seen him eat 25...I'm a little concerned because yesterday he didnt eat too much. At breakfast he completely turned away. Lunch time he had about 2. Dinner he had about 5. Plus little pieces of kale through out the day. I can only hope this is due to the fact that he is beginning to shed. He's not shedding a whole lot, just a bit on his leg. But I still hope this is why. Otherwise he seems to be a happy healthy baby dragon. My husband built him a terrarium out of an armoir, and it's like his personal oasis jungle in there. Yesterday he was literally running around playing all day. Except for the times we had him out with us. Plus he was very sweet and cuddly last night. Wanted to stay holding on to my finger while he slept. Anyone got any advice about the eating and shedding? Thanks so much :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Shedding can certainly affect their mood and appetite. This should return to normal after the shed is done. It's also normal for their appetites to fluctuate over time. Sometimes they'll eat more and sometimes they won't be hungry and that's OK.

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Thank you so very much. Yeah his eating is a still a little wonky. But otherwise he seems totally happy and healthy. My husband told me that quite a bit of his tail shed yesterday, so its definitely still going on. I'll post updates when his eating returns to normal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom