What Size Dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie mom to a beardie here ... His(?) name might be Goldfish, because my 5 year old is probably naming him that. Goldfish is about 6.5" long, so I'm not sure what size Dubias to get for him. The online store I'm getting them from has different sizes - 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2".
I was a bit squeemish getting Dubia's but I keep reading how good they are for them though, so I'm going to go for it.
Thank you in advance! Pic enclosed because I think he is so darn cute! :lol:
102185-9456685255.jpg

avasgoldfish

Original Poster
Thank you! I will look into those locally. Amazon has some Discoids but they're Medium sized, 1/2", and I'm not sure my 6 1/2" babe will be able to eat that. I was told Green Banana Roaches and Surinams are options as well. I'm just looking for the best deal at the moment because I don't even know if he'll like them.

You can maybe try out black soldier fly larvae?
They come in all different sizes and are a good staple for a little growing guy like him.
I use symtonbsf.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom