How many crickets to feed baby beardie’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stathe

Hello everyone I’m new to a beardie owner that’s has a question. How many crickets at a time should I give to my baby Beardie (Gizmo)? I heard you shouldn’t leave them in the cage because they bite them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Stathe":23kl0erh said:
Hello everyone I’m new to a beardie owner that’s has a question. How many crickets at a time should I give to my baby Beardie (Gizmo)? I heard you shouldn’t leave them in the cage because they bite them.

More information

Gizmo's weight ?

Size of the crickets you are buying ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
At his size he can have 2-3 feedings a day of all he wants to eat. Just be sure the crickets are not longer than the space between his eyes. This video [ not mine ] shows a baby eating. Some of the crickets are just on the " slightly too large side " so something a bit smaller than these for this size of a baby. Crickets that are to big can cause impaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEIG3H0p52M

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I've raised my own crickets in the past, at 1 day old pinheads are not even considered for even the tiniest bearded dragons. So you'd never order pinheads. They look big on the link you posted so I would want anyone viewing that to know that they are not the ones to order. The right size would be about the 2-3 week crickets. This chart shows the actual size of pinhead through adult size crickets. You can really see the true size here.

http://www.ghann.com/Live-Crickets-C2.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom