Multivitamins going bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Black Friday, my local reptile store was having a sale on all supplies. I picked up some multivitamins and I have a strong suspicion that they've "expired". I don't think they can expire, I think they just break down and lose nutritional value but the one I got has a strong odor. The best way I can describe it is if rancid wasn't pungent and more bold. Most multivitamins I've seen also are a white powder, this one has an off yellow color to it. It's RepPro Vitamax. The bottle is obviously old since when I opened the packaging the label's glue was completely dried up and lost all stickiness. I was curious if anyone has used RepPro Vitamax and knew if it was simply just a strong odored, yellowed powder and all my senses to tell if a food has gone bad are just wrong in this situation. I would take a picture but my phone camera doesn't pick up the yellow color.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I think they definitely have a best by date , especially once opened and the contents has contact with oxygen in the air.

If in doubt …. best place for the stuff is in the bin , I guess you can't return it for a refund since you've opened the bottle …. (can here (in Australia) but you don't have the same consumer protections in the USA so I guess it's buyer beware and tough luck if you've been diddled).

ScottSB52

I am only reading this now, but the multivitamin powder I use (Repcal) also has a yellowish color. Smells terrible too, and it's a bit 'clumpier' than the smoother (and odorless) calcium powder. It almost has a flour-like texture to it.

I would just check the expiration date on the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom