Size between the eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvel

Hi there,
My 11ish month old bearded has been eating a lot of medium size crickets. But I want to increase the size as the medium crickets are a little small and thus she needs a LOT of them.

I’ve been feeding the next size up (around 20mm) for about a week now and she has around 20ish crickets a day, and poops everyday.

But the crickets are only just slightly over the recommended advice of between the eyes. Just wondering if anyone has been feeding similar method and if it would be ok, considering she’s been on these larger size with no issues of impaction so far.

101380-1799384863.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd stay with the current size for a few more months .

Better off with a slightly smaller cricket in your bulk orders , than buying the biggest your dragon can handle and having a lot of them grow too big too fast for the dragon to eat , and then the extra large bugs going to waste or dying of old age before you can use them.

The smaller crickets will live longer and will be better value for the $.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can definitely go with the next size up, those aren't the largest so they still have a couple of weeks to grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom