Feeding Frequency/Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
I got my baby bearded dragon nearly a month ago, and have attempted to keep her on a decent feeding schedule but my work hours are rather erratic. Could I get feeding times, frequency, etc suggestions for a 3 month old baby? I currently have her lights turn on at 8AM, first feeding at 10AM, second feeding at 7PM, and lights turn off at 10PM. If I'm available in the afternoon, I also feed her between 2 and 3PM. Many suggested feeding upwards of 4-5 times per day, but I'm not sure how/when...? She's eaten between 15 and 20 quarter inch crickets each feeding usually.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your feeding schedule is fine. The 10:00 and 2:30 will be the bigger meals, not too many at 7:00 since that only leaves 2 hours for digestion. No need to feed them 4-5 times a day. I raised dragons for many years, they certainly don't need more than 2-3 feedings per day when they're growing. Your baby will be fine . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom