New Beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a beardie yesterday from petsmart for my daughter's birthday. I'm concerned b/c he isn't eating the crickets I bought him. I put them in a tote and put him in there and he just wants to go for his reflection. Any help would be appreciated

Relocation stresses lizards out. Sometimes they need to acclimate to their new home before they feel confident enough to eat. Can take just a few hours and sometimes even a couple days. I had to tweezer feed my little guy one at a time. Putting him into a tote with bugs just seemed to overwhelm him.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi,
You can reduce reflection stress by putting up black paper around the lower portion of the container and provide something like a shoebox with a cut out in it as a 'hide', which will give your beardie a place to go where it will feel safe as he/she acclimates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom