Baby dragon feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3 month old bearded dragon. I currently am feeding it romaine lettuce (going to switch to carrots tomorrow as I know lettuce does not have much nutritional value) and crickets. Should I stick with crickets or is it recommended to switch to BSFL or dubia roaches? It seems to be eating well, but I want to make sure I am giving my little beardie the best nutrition and meal possible. Also, I currently do the veggies in the morning around 8-9 am and crickets between 4-6. Is it recommended to feed it more crickets more times a day? The associate at Petsmart said it would be fine with the one feeding, but I would rather not trust that, and seek information from experienced caretakers. Thank you for any information you can give!

Sassy123

At 3 months old, I'd offer two meals of crickets. Crickets are fine, but dubia's are very nutritious, and so are BSFL's. Yeah I never listen to anything anybody from Petco or Petsmart says. I once heard a Petco associate tell a new beardie owner to feed her baby dragon 20 crickets a week!! I was so heartbroken for the poor beardie. But yeah, good job so far! And yeah, definitely switch from the lettuce. Almost any kind of green (mustard, collard, turnip, etc.) would be good

ChibiZoMbiE

Original Poster
Thank you for your response! Yeah I was reading up on the dubias. I will order some when I get paid next and work on switch over to them. Since they are higher in calcium, do I still need to coat them in powder while it is growing? Or would it be fine without the powder?

Bpx

From several research that baby dragon need 80% of insert (protein) and 20% vegetable diet. And they become the other way around For adult dragons, 80% vege and 20% insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom