My Baby BD Won't Eat, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samarcais

So i got my bearded dragon a week ago, she is very small and about 1 - 2 months old, her basking spot is about 95 - 100 fahrenheit, i just got her this new climbing tree and shes been on it 24/7 mostly sleeping... and when i try to feed her crickets she wont eat them, she wont eat anything except super worms and i heard those are bad for babies, so i need help... idk how to feed her anymore cuz even if i take everything out her cage she just starts jumping at the glass and glass surfing, im also worried that she sleeps too much, and everytime i take her out of her cage she tries to run back to it glass surgfing the outside of it, (BTW the terrarium is 40 gallons)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post more details about your setup? What are the surface temps in different parts of the tank? What do you have in place for a UVB light? This can have a direct effect on their appetite and health. Can you post some photos of her and her enclosure? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

As far as food goes, if she doesn't like crickets, maybe try some black soldier fly larvae or small dubia roaches and see how those go over. Sometimes they prefer one over the other. I'd make sure the lighting is in good shape first though and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom