Falqors Diet | Primary Food Sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason914

Heyo! So I was wondering this, since I hate crickets and that is a primary source of food (that I know of) I also saw some SuperWorms in the store the other day, so I picked them up along with a little bowl for them. So I fed them to her and she ate like 2-3 and I noticed he enjoyed them very much. I was wondering if I could feed him SuperWorms as a primary source of food, would it give her enough vitimans or nutrisions and such because I want her health to stay the same. Because my tank for the crickets is kinda bad so they escape regularly, this would be alot easier without them. Thanks!

Janelle

How old is your beardie? Supers aren't supposed to be fed to a baby at all, and are only to be used as occasional treats for adults. There are a wide variety of staples you can use in place of crickets. Dubias are commonly raised by beardie owners and provide great nutrition, silkworms are super nutritious, but I find them not readily available, BSFL are readily available online and are easy to keep around. None of these are stinky or noisy and all make great staple feeders.

jason914

Original Poster
So I dont exactly know, I'm thinking she is only 2-3 months at the moment. I will stop feeding her the Superworms now, I've only been doing it for about a week maybe two weeks. Will this effect her health any?

Janelle

I think impaction is the main problem at this age. As long as she's still pooping fine, I would think no longterm harm done (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But I would get new feeders immediately and not take the risk of continuing to feed the supers.

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
You are correct about the superworms not being fed to young beardies. yes impaction is the main reason young beardies should not have them. Dubia roaches would be a good staple. I just started a colony of these as well for my beardies. Easy to care for them, they dont stink, and hardly make any noise.

jason914

Original Poster
Janelle":35ok380k said:
I think impaction is the main problem at this age. As long as she's still pooping fine, I would think no longterm harm done (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But I would get new feeders immediately and not take the risk of continuing to feed the supers.

She hasn't pooped in a while, but she has before when I was feeding her the super worms.

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
Do you give you beardie baths? You could try a nice warm soak to see if that helps to move things along. Another cause could be a recent change in diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom