Feeding twice a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janelle

So I just read last night that Jayne is supposed to be fed insects three times a day. She's approximately 3 months old. I have been feeding her insects twice a day (with salad available all throughout the day), and she has been growing well. She's grown more than an inch in length in the last two weeks, and she has more than doubled her weight in the last month! She added 9 grams in the last 4 days alone, from 29g to 38g. I tried feeding her three times yesterday, and she actually ate fewer worms than normal, not more. Should I keep trying to feed three times a day, or should I stick with what we've been doing? (She usually eats 25-30 at breakfast and 30-35 at dinner. Yesterday she did her typical breakfast, but only around 9 at lunch, and maybe 5 at dinner.)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Janelle":22s9xycd said:
Oh, sorry, BSFL.
Oh, That's GOOD!!!
Three times a day, all she can eat in 10 minutes or, until she loses interest before the 10 minutes is up. This is a normal schedule for babies up to six months or so.
She sounds quite healthy.

Janelle

Original Poster
Ok, I’ll keep trying the three feedings a day and see if she’ll get used to that. Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I raised loads of babies and the 3X a day is not a hard + fast rule, just one of those things that gets passed around. Your dragon is growing very well and your schedule is fine. :)

Janelle

Original Poster
Whew! I like that answer. lol Thank you!! I'm willing to change things if I need to for the sake of my beardie, but if what we're doing is ok for her, I'll just stick with what she's used to. It seems to be working. She seems to be getting plenty of food, she's growing like crazy, and she has two big, healthy-looking poops every day. I can't believe how quickly they grow!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If it's hard (practically) to give your hatchling , very young juvenile beardie 3 meals per day, you can give roaches or crickets for the two meals when you are home , and leave slow moving feeders like BSFL and or silkworms for the dragon to discover and eat at it's leisure when you are not at home.

A hatchling about 4 months old will happily eat 4 to 8 x 1.5" silkworms , plus silkworms are about as perfect a feeder insect nutritionally as you'll find , worth the expense buying them and their special chow or collecting fresh mulberry leaves for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom