Help! Belgian Endive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dali1985

Hello. I’m trying out new greens for my beardie. He usually eats turnip greens and collards with the occasional mustard greens. Today, however, I bought dandelion greens and Belgian endive. I’ve never fed either but I heard dandelion greens are a good staple. It’s the Belgian endive I am unsure about now that I’ve been researching. The endive I bought are the hearts of the plant (like the picture below) not the tops. I took a couple leaves and chopped them up along with collard and dandelion greens. Is that ok to feed my beardie? Or do I need the endive tops? Or the other kind of endive (English, I think)? Thanks in advance for your help.

92231-6550739063.jpg

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I'm feeding mine endive this week. It's on the approved list and is actually supposed to be one of the better vegetables for them.

Dali1985

Original Poster
Thanks, guys. I did get the idea for endive from the beautiful dragons site but then I googled how to prepare the endive and I ran into posts on another forum that said it shouldn’t be the Belgian endive like the one I got but rather the green tops of the curly endive. The beautiful dragons site doesn’t differentiate so I figured either type of endive would be ok but now I’m not sure. I just want to know others feed the Belgian type without problems.

cvel

I’ve been feeding my beardie for over 6 months with the yellow Endive you posted. He’s doing fine and is almost a year old. When she started 6 months ago, she only ate small amounts. Now she loves it and it’s her favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom