Switching Up Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara06

Hello all :blob8:

I'm trying my darndest to create a more nutritious diet for my 3 1/2 year old bearded dragon, Chibi. Currently she's getting mainly superworms (daily) and some dubia roaches (every few days). Everything is dusted with repti-calcium. She refuses to eat her salad (typically kale, zucchini and flucker's buffet blend or some fibrous pellets) even when I try to mix the superworms in with it.
I'm looking into mixing the repti-calcium with a multivitamin, possibly Rep-Cal Herptivite? I was also think of switching her staple to BSFL (10, 3x a week). Possibly in rotation with hornworms, superworms, or crickets.
I'm not very confident with this plan so some advice/feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks ya! :study:

Janelle

I'm pretty sure supers are supposed to be used as a treat, not a staple. BSFL are a great staple insect. It's good to continue to use various safe insect treats and variety.

For a variety of feeding ideas, the following is one of the best sites and is color-coded to let you know how often each food item could be offered.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

It's nice to be able to tell at a glance what is healthy, what is a rare treat, and what is out-right dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom