Switching Up Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara06

Hello all :blob8:

I'm trying my darndest to create a more nutritious diet for my 3 1/2 year old bearded dragon, Chibi. Currently she's getting mainly superworms (daily) and some dubia roaches (every few days). Everything is dusted with repti-calcium. She refuses to eat her salad (typically kale, zucchini and flucker's buffet blend or some fibrous pellets) even when I try to mix the superworms in with it.
I'm looking into mixing the repti-calcium with a multivitamin, possibly Rep-Cal Herptivite? I was also think of switching her staple to BSFL (10, 3x a week). Possibly in rotation with hornworms, superworms, or crickets.
I'm not very confident with this plan so some advice/feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks ya! :study:

Janelle

I'm pretty sure supers are supposed to be used as a treat, not a staple. BSFL are a great staple insect. It's good to continue to use various safe insect treats and variety.

For a variety of feeding ideas, the following is one of the best sites and is color-coded to let you know how often each food item could be offered.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

It's nice to be able to tell at a glance what is healthy, what is a rare treat, and what is out-right dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom